ADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS
Rapid City Regional Airport
Rapid City, South Dakota
Project Name: Sanitary Sewer System Improvements
Bid Date: Thursday, January 27, 2022 at 1:30 PM Local Time
Sealed bids, subject to the conditions contained herein, for improvements to the Rapid City Regional
Airport, Rapid City, South Dakota, will be received by the Rapid City Regional Airport Board of Directors at
the Rapid City Regional Airport; 4550 Terminal Road – Suite 102, Rapid City, South Dakota, 57703, until
1:30 PM local time on January 27, 2022, and then publicly opened and read aloud.
Project work consists of but is not limited to the following: Installation of approximately 4,819 LF of gravity
sanitary sewer main; installation of approximately 12,174 LF of sanitary sewer force main; construction of
a lift station; and associated construction activities.
Contract Documents. The complete set of Plans, Specifications, and Contract Documents can be downloaded for a fee of $25 at www.questcdn.com #8091195.
Each proposal must contain a certified check or cashier’s check for five percent (5%) of the amount of the bid. Such check shall be certified or issued by either a State or National Bank and payable to the Rapid City Regional Airport, Rapid City, South Dakota, or in lieu thereof, a bid bond for ten percent (10%) of the amount bid, and such bond to be issued by a surety authorized to do business in this state and payable to the Rapid City Regional Airport, Rapid City, South Dakota, as a guarantee of the Bidder entering into a
contract for the construction of the work and furnishing of a 100 percent performance bond. After this has been accomplished, the Bidder’s check or bid bond will be returned, and the checks or bonds of all unsuccessful bidders will be returned upon sixty (60) days after the bids have been opened.
Federal Requirements for Federally Funded Projects. This Project is being partially funded under the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Airport Improvement Program (AIP). Contractors must comply with specific federally required provisions as listed herein and contained in the contract documents. The following federal provisions are incorporated in this solicitation by reference:
1. Buy American Preference (49 USC § 50101)
2. Civil Rights – Title VI Assurance (49 USC § 47123, FAA Order 1400.11)
3. Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (49 CFR part 26)
4. Foreign Trade Restriction (49 CFR part 30, 49 USC § 50104)
5. Davis-Bacon Act (29 CFR Part 5, 2 CFR part 200, Appendix II (D))
6. Lobbying and Influencing Federal Employees (49 CFR part 20, 31 USC § 1352, 2 CFR part 200- Appendix II(J))
7. Procurement of Recovered Materials (2 CFR § 200.322, 40 CFR part 247, Solid Waste Disposal Act)
8. Government-wide Debarment and Suspension (2 CFR part 180 (Subpart C), 2 CFR part 1200,
DOT Order 4200.5)
Disadvantaged Business Enterprise. The requirements of 49 CFR Part 26, apply to this contract. It is the
policy of the Rapid City Regional Airport to practice nondiscrimination based on race, color, sex, or national origin in the award or performance of this contract. The Owner encourages participation by all firms qualifying under this solicitation regardless of business size or ownership.
Civil Rights – Title VI Assurances. The Rapid City Regional Airport, in accordance with the provisions of
Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (78 Stat. 252, 42 U.S.C. §§ 2000d to 2000d-4) and the Regulations, hereby notifies all bidders that it will affirmatively ensure that any contract entered into pursuant to this advertisement, disadvantaged business enterprises will be afforded full and fair opportunity to submit bids
in response to this advertisement and will not be discriminated against on the grounds of race, color, or national origin in consideration for an award.
Notice of Requirement for Affirmative Action to Ensure Equal Employment Opportunity
1. The Offeror’s or Bidder’s attention is called to the “Equal Opportunity Clause” and the “Standard Federal Equal Employment Opportunity Construction Contract Specifications” set forth herein.
2. The goals and timetables for minority and female participation, expressed in percentage terms for the contractor’s aggregate workforce in each trade on all construction work in the covered area, are as follows:
Goals for minority participation for each trade: 3.4%
Goals for female participation in each trade: 6.9%
These goals are applicable to all of the contractor’s construction work (whether or not it is Federal or federally assisted) performed in the covered area. If the contractor performs construction work in a geographical area located outside of the covered area, it shall apply the goals established for such geographical area where the work is actually performed. With regard to this second area, the contractor also is subject to the goals for both its federally funded and non-federally funded construction.
The Contractor’s compliance with the Executive Order and the regulations in 41 CFR Part 60-4 shall be based on its implementation of the Equal Opportunity Clause, specific affirmative action obligations required by the specifications set forth in 41 CFR 60-4.3(a), and its efforts to meet the goals. The hours of minority and female employment and training must be substantially uniform throughout the length of the contract, and in each trade, and the contractor shall make a good faith effort to employ minorities and
women evenly on each of its projects. The transfer of minority or female employees or trainees from Contractor to Contractor or from project to project for the sole purpose of meeting the Contractor’s goals shall be a violation of the contract, the Executive Order and the regulations in 41 CFR Part 60-4.
Compliance with the goals will be measured against the total work hours performed.
3. The Contractor shall provide written notification to the Director of the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) within 10 working days of award of any construction subcontract in excess of $10,000 at any tier for construction work under the contract resulting from this solicitation. The notification shall list the name, address, and telephone number of the subcontractor; employer identification number of the subcontractor; estimated dollar amount of the subcontract; estimated starting and completion dates of the subcontract; and the geographical area in which the subcontract is to be performed.
4. As used in this notice and in the contract resulting from this solicitation, the “covered area” is County
of Pennington; City of Rapid City; and the State of South Dakota.
Federal Funding. The award of the contract is subject to approval of the Federal Aviation Administration and availability of federal funding. See instruction to bidders for additional information.
A pre-bid conference will be held in the Conference Room of the Airport Executive Office located in the Terminal Building, Rapid City Regional Airport, 4550 Terminal Road – Suite 102, Rapid City, South Dakota 57703 on January 17, 2022 at 10:00 AM local time.
Any questions regarding bids are to be directed to:
Rod Senn, PE – Project Manager
Mead & Hunt, Inc.
1760 Centre Street – Suite 4
Rapid City, SD 57703
Airport Deputy Director
Finance & Administration
Advertised on: January 4, 2022 and January 11, 2022